Saturday, August 04, 2007

THE DEPRESSION OF 1929 (Ooops: I MEANT OF 2009) IS COMING, AND IT COULD BE LIKE THIS ARTICLE...OR EVEN WORSE, I DARE SAY...

QUOTE:

COMMENT: SUBSTITUTE 'AMERICA' AND THE NAME
OF YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, RELIGION (OR LACK THEREOF;
OR MERELY YOUR BELIEFS) AND YOUR LOCAL EMPLOYER
(IF YOU'RE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO EVEN HAVE ONE),
AND NO DOUBT YOU'LL GET SOME IDEA OF WHAT
THE NEXT DEPRESSION IN 'AMERICA' WILL BE LIKE.
A REAL FRIGHTENIN' THOUGHT. THE NEAR SIMILARITIES,
IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT (USE YOUR DAMN IMAGINATION!),
AND YOU'LL BE ASTONISHED AT WHAT YOU CAN COME
UP WITH. DOES THE YEAR "1984" RING A FRIGGIN' BELL?
DOES 1929 RING A FRIGGIN' BELL? IF IT DOESN'T, THEN
YOU'RE BRAIN DEAD. STOP READING: THESE ARTICLES
ARE NOT FOR YOU. BUT IF SUCH DATES DO HAVE MEANING,
THEN BY ALL MEANS--READ ON...


A Week in the Death of Iraq

By Dr. Mohammed

When will I die? That's the question circling in my head
when I awake on Wednesday. I'm sweating, as usual. My
muscles ache from another long night of no electricity in
weather only slightly cooler than hell. As I dress for work,
other questions assail me: How will I die? Will it be a shot
in the head? Will I be blown to pieces? Or be seized at a
police checkpoint because of my sect, then tortured and
killed and thrown out on the sidewalk? Continue

***************************************************
QUOTE:

Stock Market Meltdown

It’s a Bloodbath. That’s the only way to describe it.

By Mike Whitney

On Friday the Dow Jones took a 280 point nosedive on fears
that that losses in the subprime market will spill over into
the broader economy and cut into GDP. Ever since the two
Bears Sterns hedge funds folded a couple weeks ago the stock
market has been writhing like a drug-addict in a detox-cell.
Yesterday’s sell-off added to last week’s plunge that wiped
out $2.1 trillion in value from global equity markets. Continue

*********************************************************
QUOTE:

Robert Parry: Bush's Secret Spying on Americans

*********************************************************
QUOTE:

Late Night Political Jokes - Late Night Jokes UpdatedDaily

*******************************************************
QUOTE:

CONVENIENT (I HOPE) TABLE OF CONTENTS OF
F. SCOTT SINCLAIR'S NOVELS

********************************************************